Are you looking for a man to cure your loneliness? Are you dating because you need security? Do you need a man to feel better about your life? If you answered yes to any of these then stop looking for a man immediately! Most women have difficulty dealing with change, especially a change in their love life. When one relationship ends, many women immediately get into another relationship too soon to get back to that familiar life. But how do you know if you are ready for a new relationship? Here are some signs that you need to put the brakes on looking for a new man:
- You are afraid of being hurt and humiliated in an intimate relationship.
- You don’t believe that you will find true love or happiness.
- You feel unworthy.
- You feel you can’t be yourself.
- You live with guilt or shame.
- You believe that you are not as smart as your peers.
- You believe something is wrong with you.
- You lack self-assurance.
- You are not a priority in your own life.
- You feel you have no control over your life.
- You feel you are “damaged goods”.
If you share any of the feelings in the list above, then you are not ready to be in a relationship.
Take time to heal, change the way you feel, and love yourself. Before you enter into a new relationship, you need to work on the most important relationship in your life; the relationship you have with yourself.
Make sure you are ready for a new relationship. Any “baggage” from the last relationship has to be “checked”. However, it is important to learn from your last relationship.
There are many great books and workshops on understanding the opposite sex and bringing lasting love to your relationships. Have fun doing some research and personal growth so that you find the soul mate that brings out the best in you!