Have you gone out for dinner, only to reject a singular bite of a delectable dessert? Have you turned down a friend’s invitation for a “girl’s night out” because you thought you should spend the evening doing something more efficient, like re-organizing your underwear drawer?
Why are women so quick to deny themselves pleasure? Why are we programmed to think that that we are selfish for simply permitting ourselves enjoyment? Why, indeed, do we think that every person around us deserves to be pampered, but we should not and cannot.
What would happen if we allowed ourselves to take pleasure in our life?
Perhaps we can allow ourselves to celebrate the senses that we are blessed to possess: the blessings of sight, sound, taste, smell and touch.
Try the following 5 suggestions for adding a little self-indulgent decadence into your own life, morning, afternoon and night!
1. After your shower, slather on some moisturizing cream and spritz on a favorite fragrance. Your skin will feel good, and the perfume will make you feel sexy! Be prepared for a compliment!
2. Take some time to prepare your lunch or dinner. Add some pungent spice for smell. Garnish with different color vegetables to make your meal visually appealing. Savor the taste!
3. Open a bottle of wine and enjoy a glass with your slow-cooked dinner.
4. On your way to work, choose music which is uplifting to your soul and spirit, whether it be a jazz, or rap or something in-between. You can buy your music at the store, or borrow a tape or CD from your local library.
5. When you’re getting ready for bed, be choosy with your bed linens. Choose sheets with a high thread-count that feel good against your bare skin.
Are you reading our Perpetual Funny and Dirty Harlequin ? If not, you HAVE to read our most recent Chapter 5:
…There standing before Travis and Anastasia was Buck Largepackage, a man with long black flowing locks, a sharp nose and a square jaw.
“Travis, unhand my woman” yelled Buck. “She is mine. I have been trailing her scent since before she lived in her tiny shack by the orange blossoms bushes and pussy willow trees”. Travis did not know what to do.
Buck was much taller and more muscular than he, with rippling sinuous muscles and only wearing a small loincloth that held a generous spear and wore a basket of arrows on his back. He held his bow and arrow pointed directly at Travis. Travis knew he couldn’t win and deposited Anastasia at Buck’s feet. Now what was she to do? Travis hightailed it away from the Shtupingood River. Anastasia was again alone, sitting in the mud.
Anger at her predicament made her beautiful cheeks glow red.
Read More to find out what happened to Anastasia!
On a more serious note, Vikki Stark,M.S.W. is conducting research to understand Wife Abandonment Syndrome for a composition of a book to help women understand why men bolt from long-term “happy” marriages, her upcoming book is intended to give the women tools for re-building their lives. If you would like to participate, you can visit the questionnaire at http://www.vikkistark.com.
Separation and divorce can be an extremely difficult period of adjustment. What is helping you in this difficult journey – contact us and let us know.
Have you checked out our ” new on-line counseling feature?
We at www.womandivorcesupport.com wish you a FABULOUS FALL 2019!